Friday, October 29, 2004

Cloudy

It's been really cloudy here lately... I've only seen the sun a few times for the past few weeks. I don't mind the cold weather, don't mind the snow... but I really dread overcast skies day after day. I wish there was some technology that would get rid of it! That's what needs to be invented... a cloud disperser; then we could build a mountain maker (I'm thinking of a GIGANTIC bulldozer). Build some really big mountains, dig some new lakes, get rid of the clouds... oh yeah.

Wow, can't wait until this election is over. These TV ads and mailings are just *lame*. Are people really this stupid? Do these attack ads really work? Some little part of me is thinking that democracy is overrated. Seriously, I'd feel a little better about it if I thought most voters had any clue about the issues. On the other hand, the "smart" people don't seem to agree on anything either, so I guess democracy is the best bet. At least we can blame ourselves if the leadership sucks (at least 49% of us).

I've been feeling a bit sick lately. Haven't been sleeping well for the past 1-2 months, and this last week I've had some sort of flu bug. I'm waking up every morning congested, and I'm having interrupted sleep... feel tired all the time. I have some suspicion that something is in our room/bed that I'm allergic to. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday.

I'm really excited about the new Biblical Greek for Everyone class that Brown Kinnard and I will teach, starting tomorrow. We've had really good sign-ups, and looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Only one and a half weeks left until I go to England! Yeah! Can't wait. Only bummer will be not seeing Julie for 10 days... that sucks. Please pray for a safe trip.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you regarding the need for the sun, today as I was picking up my parents I was reminded how much I miss seeing the sun. Oh well!

-Donnell