Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Vacation, Car, Thesis, House

Wow, what a busy time...

Julie and I had a nice family reunion with my side last week in New Hampshire. We stayed at a Baptist Conference Center in Rumney, NH. It was a bit cramped, but enjoyed just hanging out with my dad, brother, sister, her husband and 2 kids. I finished The Waste Lands, and started a Tom Clancy novel, The Teeth of the Tiger.

We just picked up our new 2005 Toyota Matrix XR today (phantom grey pearl). I love it... lots of head room and a smooth ride, fairly affordable. Not a lot of power, but great gas milage. Nice to have a dependable vehicle now.

The thesis is coming along nicely (I'm at about 98 pages, 25,000 words, hoping to end up with about 30,000 words) ... I'm hoping to finish the rough draft by the end of the weekend. What a lot of work!

We're on the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival's home tour this year. We're trying to get everything cleaned up and fixed before Friday...

Well, that's all the time I have for this blog right now.

No comments: